Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Design Harvest featuring Readapted by Bill Mitchell

This past Saturday I was able to stop by Design Harvest that took place at Grand and Damen in Chicago on the weekend. It was a street fair featuring mostly vintage and handmade home furnishings. They also had a bluegrass band playing when I got there, which I loved. It was so much fun and I met many great artists. I will be featuring some of the designers in the upcoming weeks. First off is Bill Mitchell with Readapted.

"Reinvent a space. Bring a sustainable garden to life. Remodel an old home and transform salvaged lumber into new furniture. Whatever you’re envisioning, we help you make it happen."


This is what Readapted is all about. I was lucky enough to meet Bill Mitchell at Design Harvest and saw some of his great pieces. His work is all environmentally friendly and he works with his clients to design something they would love. You can check out more here.

I especially love his lighting designs.



Here is a garden sculpture created from the clients wooded land.



The next 3 pictures are from a country church building that was turned into a home.

This is a piece of art was created with a paw print in the middle to remember a loved pet
.
Fireplace mantel and harvest table created from refurbished materials.





Then here are my pictures of the pieces shown at Design Harvest.

Readapted is located at 2545 W. Homer St, Chicago. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment