Monday, August 30, 2010

Chicago's Randolph St. Flea Market

I had been trying to get to the Chicago Randolph St. Flea Market all summer long and every weekend they had it I couldn't go for one reason or another......that is until this past Saturday! I finally made it and found so many great pieces of furniture I would love to have for my future house. Some I would leave as is and some I would repurpose to spruce it up or give it a more modern feel. Next summer I will be hitting the flea markets like crazy to hopefully be decorating my own house. But for now they are just going on the wish list.

Here is one of my favorites from the day. It is actually an antique Nigerian bed! It was out of my price range but I just loved it. I thought I remembered seeing something like that in a Domino magazine several years ago and I was right!


Sharon Simonaire, another of my favorite designers, used it in her own home as a coffee table but painted it a bright white as you can see pictured in her movie room below.


Here is another view of the movie/family room. This room really inspires me to get some really comfy seating where everyone can just sprawl out and enjoy chatting or a great movie. Plus it is so pretty and girly all at the same time. My favorite thing is the Nigerian antique bed that is so unique.
Oddly enough on Sunday while checking out the latest design magazines there was another one, unpainted, on the cover of the August 2010 House and Garden UK magazine but in a bathroom.
More posts soon on some other great finds at the flea market. Happy Monday!






No comments:

Post a Comment