Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More from the Chicago Flea Market

Here are some more pictures to give you an idea of the great pieces you can find at the Chicago Flea Market. Tons of great furniture, as you can see, and some fun smaller items too. I really loved a lot of the lamps I found as well as the furniture. I love the idea of mixing flea market finds with some classic designer pieces with some box store pieces. It gives your home a much more interesting look and definitely won't look like it's straight out of a catalog, which can be terribly boring.




These tiles are from the vendor Olde Good Things. You can also check out their website here. They came all the way from NYC!


Love this cute little cabinet and acrylic stool!



These tin elephants and pigs are made out of old oil cans. I love how they repurposed them to make a work of art. I plan to get a few of these pigs for my garden someday.



This bench was a new item that is finished to look antique but has the quality and function of a brand new piece of furniture. There were many different sized cabinets sold by Village Craft Shop in Roscoe, IL as well. This bench caught my eye as another perfect piece for a garden. I am really into the mustard color right now in fashion and interior design, so that is why it caught my eye. The picture doesn't show it's true color very well.



Cute little nesting tables.



Tons of vintage picture frames. I just recently saw an episode of Design Star on HGTV where they spray painted a bunch of vintage frames just like these in gold paint and hung them empty but all together on a brightly painted wall. It was a great artistic statement!






This spring made into a dog is actually a vintage letter/bill holder! Wish I had gone back to get this one.



Last but not least a huge farm table with 2 benches that would easily seat 10 people. You could have some great family dinners on this table.
Coming up this weekend is the Kane County Flea Market. I have heard nothing but great things about this one. Sounds like it may be the best one in the greater Chicago area. It is a bit of a drive if you are right in Chicago. I am hoping to get there this weekend and will let you know if I think it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment