Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Paradise, Michigan's Blueberry Festival & Art/Flea Market

I have come back from Michigan's Upper Peninsula feeling very inspired! My style is what I would call modern country, which is basically a combination of rustic and nature inspired elements mixed with a bit of modern. I love the visual interest of a flea market find chair re-upholstered in a modern print fabric or a side table that was made from a tree trunk. While on vacation I went to the Blueberry Festival and Flea Market in Paradise, Michigan that is the big event there every August. I loved it! My absolute favorite booth was set up by Jan Roth who calls herself the Antler Lady. You can view her website here to find out where she will be next or to order her incredibly unique and rustic creations.

This was my favorite find and it is on my wish list for my home someday. I'd love to have a set of 2 to put on my big farm table, also on my wish list.......jeez that wish list is getting long! Now don't worry, all the antlers are from whitetail deer who shed their antlers each year, so no animals are harmed in making these.







A few other things at different booths I loved were these petoskey stones turned into door pulls.

Also this adorable sweater just made me smile. My amazing grandma made me something similar to this when I was a little girl and completely and utterly horse crazy. Still a bit horse crazy to this day. It makes me want to work on becoming a better knitter....currently working on a simple scarf.

I hope this inspires you to check out The Antler Lady products and to go to some local flea markets/art shows to support your local artists AND why not create something of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment