Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Shabby Chic

Even though I've never really decorated shabby chic before I really love the style. I bought all the Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic decorating books I could find years ago and found it very inspiring. You can check out her latest book here. I just read that the stores went bankrupt but thankfully Ashwell has brought back the style with a bit of a new look into New York, Los Angeles, and London with new boutiques! Here are some pictures of her London Flat where her style fits perfectly.


She really knows how to put all different shades of white together to still give it a very cozy vibe. I especially love this coffee table.

I'm even liking that the floor boards are painted white.

A beautiful antique amoire.


A welcoming bedroom filled with cozy bedding and antique finds.

Even if you don't want to decorate your entire place as shabby chic you can take the vibe of it and add some coziness to your home with antiques/vintage pieces, a cozy overstuffed chair or sofa, and some fluffy - not too fussy bedding.

*Photos courtesy of Lonny Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment