Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My New Passion!

I hope everyone had a lovely 4th of July weekend. Mine was spent camping in Michigan, one of my absolute favorite pass times. Getting back in the groove of things this week and discovered my new passion! I am completely and utterly in love with hotel design! Who would have thought. I've always been so into residential design and now I see hotels could be the most fun thing ever. Of course I have been inspired by the amazing Dorothy Draper and as of just recently Kelly Wearstler. You can see two of her hotel designs below. Wearstler's style has inspired me for years and her new book, Hue, is on my wish list for sure. She just goes for it and does these crazy designs with such fun large scale pieces and bold colors and patterns. Just love! You can definitely be inspired by these hotels to do something like this in your home as well.


The Viceroy Santa Monica



Really loving this color combination.

Maison 140
I love the rich dark colors. So warm and cozy - the perfect place to hang out while on vacation.


I'm not sure I'd ever get out of this bed. It looks so cozy and wish I had that headboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment