Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Designer Spotlight.............Summer Thornton

Wow, what a crazy busy week this has been for me! This summer has been flying by way too fast and I'm sure you feel the same way too. I'm happy to get back to posting on Tutu Style about a Chicago area interior designer that completely inspires me. First of all I've been passionate about textiles for such a long time and Summer Thornton worked with a high-end European Textile company within the Merchandise Mart - my dream job. Plus she has worked with many amazing interior designers and began her own interior design firm in 2007 - again a dream of mine! I recently discovered her design while checking out Dream Home at the Merchandise Mart where she designed the Foyer, my absolute favorite room in all of Dream Home. Check out the video of the room here.

Here it is - inspired by photographs by Annie Liebowitz, which were inspired by Alice in Wonderland - again one of my favorites.



I also checked out Summer's website, which had many more inspiring rooms you can see pictured above. I love her design philosophy of having fun and not being too pretentious about decorating. I hope you have the opportunity to see her design at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago soon because it is well worth it!

2 comments:

  1. I loved Alice in wonderland and I can see the inspirations come alive in the rooms. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another comment that was sent to my facebook page after i shared you link:
    "TO MRS. ASAMOA_TUTU: love it, love it love it! Girl you are like me, i live and breathe home decor... sometimes i think I am in the wrong profession. If you spend all your time at Homegoods, Bed,bath and beyond, Pottery barn, etc to the point where even if you are late for work, you would not mind picking up this "particular thing" that you saw and must have 'cos it matches the wall color or the area rug or something in the house.... then it is a passion. As for painting my house... my husband was saying to one of my friends... "And i woke up this 5am looking for my wife to "Bless her with our usual morning (you know what)... I come down the stairs and there she is painting the powder room to match the new tiles and deocora she had done. Imagine that!" My friend was just laughing..""

    ReplyDelete