Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Designer Spotlight..........Samantha Pynn

One of my all time favorite shows on HGTV is Pure Design with Samantha Pynn. Alas the show does not seem to be running in the US anymore but if anyone knows any differently please let me know! I was able to watch all of the 1st season and a few episodes of the 2nd season though to share some of that inspiration with you. There are so many things I love about her designs. First of all the focus is on environmentally friendly design so Pynn tries to reuse and repurpose as many things as possible. Anything they decide not to use they are sure to recycle in some way. She also has some do-it-yourself project ideas that I have loved each and every one! Plus some of the products are from Ikea and I can actually afford that right now. Take a look at the pictures below from one of my favorite episodes where she re-decorated a living room dining room for a single mom and her adorable daughter.



The china cabinet in the back of the room was actually 2 separate mismatched pieces. Pynn had it all repainted and it looks spectacular. They found it for a low price at a used furniture store.


I just love the girly colors she did for them. They did put in these new dark hard wood floors that are just beautiful. The faux fireplace is filled with cut off logs since it isn't very deep. I just loved that idea.




Here is another DIY project. She took japanese paper and lined the back of the china cabinet with it by using some eco friendly glue and a little paint brush to stick it on. She recommended wallpaper or even gift wrap paper. It really adds a personal touch to the cabinet.



This photo wall is fantastic! All of the frames are from Ikea. It worked perfectly for all of their family photos. Pynn had them all printed in black and white.



I love this window seat here but the curtains are my favorite thing. They are again inexpensive Ikea curtains that she added grosgrain ribbon to. I have searched and searched for this wide grosgrain ribbon and have only been able to find 2". If anyone knows of where to get some please let me know! I also have these curtains in my own home. Just minus the ribbon unfortunately.

I hope you have been inspired to try some DIY projects and to repurpose some old furniture to make it your own. I'm sure I will be adding some more of Samantha Pynn's designs again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know what the colour on the walls is called? Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize, I just saw your comment! Thanks for asking! The color is Benjamin Moore's Stonington Gray.

    ReplyDelete