Sunday, May 30, 2010

New Additions to Our Home from the Talented Artist Patricia Palmbos!

It has been a lovely Memorial Day weekend spent with my family! Gorgeous weather, cooking out, farmer's market, brunch, and lots of walking! I also have some new additions to our home thanks to my parents. The chair I talked about repurposing before is finally done. Also, a new pillow for the bed. Take a look below.



This is the before shot of the chair. It was very cute, but a bit traditional and didn't quite go with my home decor. I spent a weekend with my dad repainting it to be a glossy black.


Then it arrived this weekend after my mom, extremely talented woman that she is, reupholstered the cushions in this geometric print fabric I picked out.




Little miss Wiggles always has to get in on the photos!


Here is a photo of the roman shades in our bedroom that my mom also made that I posted on a blog earlier.



Now there is a gorgeous pillow to match that just adds a finishing touch to the bed and makes it look more cozy. The best thing is there's a different pattern on the other side of the pillow. How cool is that!



One thing for me is that I will pretty much never be "done" decorating my place. It is an ongoing fun creative process and a great place to try new things. I hope you find some ways to update your home for the summer by making new pillow covers, recovering a chair, or even just adding a new vase with some beautiful flowers. Never stop creating and updating and keep it fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment