Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Book of the Week: Midwest Modern by Amy Butler

One of my favorite things to do is go to a book store and head straight for the design section, find some new decorating books, grab some coffee, and enjoy! One of my favorites is Midwest Modern by Amy Butler. I loved this one so much I bought it.

Amy Butler is an artist and designs beautiful fabric patterns. The book talks about her life and gives great ideas for decorating your own home.




This is her living room. I love the floor cushions which are covered in fabric of her design. The best thing is there is a "how to" in the book to make these yourself!









This is her studio. It just looks cozy, welcoming, and like a fun place to work. I dream of having my own studio to work on my decorating projects, which will hopefully turn into a business one day. The desk is another farm style table! Gotta love that!

She talks about how she gets inspiration and great items from her home at flea markets. I love, love flea markets and antique shows and loved that she gets inspiration there too.

A fabulous flea market find!


She also includes information on many clothing patterns and, my favorite, this fun bag! I discovered this great fabric store in Chicago called The Needle Shop that sells her fabric and patterns for a very reasonable price!
You can also purchase from them at this website.



Here are pictures of their friends Lake house. I just love how their all sitting at the end of the dock with their feet soaking and drinking wine. Can't get a better weekend than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment