Monday, May 24, 2010

Baby Room

So many of my friends and family members have been having babies or will be soon. I just saw my cousin's new baby boy, Karter, and he is such a cutie. It has inspired me to post my personal favorite baby room decor inspiration that I may use someday for my own home.

The thing I love about baby rooms nowadays is they aren't so cutesy anymore - unless that's your thing of course! But you can go more modern and do something that will most likely grow up as your child grows up with only having to make a few changes here and there. It will save you time and money AND is much better for the environment if your child can take their furniture with them someday. So throw out all those old rules and have some fun with your nursery!


I adore the dresser here and is definitely something you could either use in a different room later on or your child could take it with them someday when they move out. I am also inspired by the gorgeous wallpaper on the walls. Very bright and colorful but not babyish either. It gives it a fresh look.


Here's my take on the inspiration room.

Fun wallpaper from www.anthropologie.com. Perfect for a baby girls room.

I have been wanting this Eames rocking chair for ages and the black would be a perfect color with the bright, busy wallpaper.


Now here is the investment piece from Grange Furniture, located in the Merchandise Mart Chicago. It is from their vintage collection and would hold up for years to come.





A pink Eames molded plywood elephant! What little girl wouldn't love this!


A simple white Kendall crib from Pottery Barn would fit perfectly in this room.





Last but not least the Talulah the Toucan George Nelson clock. This would be so cute with the wallpaper.
Hope you've enjoyed and if you are expecting have some fun trying a little unexpected touch to your nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment