Friday, April 15, 2011

Dream Home 2011 is Here!

Yes folks, Dream Home 2011 is here!  Check it out at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago.  It runs from April 15th all the way until December.  I love to check it out each year as it features rooms designed by local Chicago interior artists.  I apologize for my dreadful i-phone pictures.  Normally they are so much better, but came out kind of dark and blurry today.  Below are a few of my favorites.

It seems every year the foyer is my ultimate favorite.  Maybe it's because you can be really fun with a foyer and decorate it any way you please.  Last year one of my favorite designers, Summer Thornton, designed the foyer in a look that made me think of the amazing Alice in Wonderland.  This year it just happens to be another of my favorite designers, Julia Buckingham Edelman, has designed the foyer.

The inspiration for her foyer is a period Parisian apartment.  There is a major diversity of textures in this room.  The walls are covered in a leather wallcovering on top and a Lee Jofa embossed wallcovering on the bottom portion.  Plus silk chairs, Flokati pillow, mahogany sculptures, and even clam shell sconces. 

Overall the look throughout seemed to be lots of neutral colors, tons of texture, and all mixed with bright modern art pieces.  I loved it, but would have liked to see a lot more color throughout.



One of my favorite pieces is this Holly Hunt Gwaltney Abstract Art


My other favorite piece, this Tony Duquette Center Table


Love the Flokati pillow paired with this rustic bench




This beautiful vignette was designed by Michael Abrams

Again part of Michael Abram's designed bedroom

Part of the dressing room designed by Luca Lanzetta

A beautiful piece of furniture in the Snaidero Chicago designed kitchen

This is just a small sampling of pictures from the rooms.  I hope you get the chance to check it out and be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment