Friday, April 1, 2011

Dining Room Love


This is my all time favorite dining room decor I have ever seen.  It is designed by David Bromstad from HGTV's Color Splash.  The show used to be based out of San Francisco and is now in Miami.  This episode was from one of the seasons done in San Francisco, which I personally preferred the show back then.  It was more down to earth and it seemed the crew had more fun.  The whole room was really designed around the home owners collection of antique china given to them by a grandmother.  The dishes were this beautiful coral, black, and turquoise color that was just stunning.  The wall color was a bit more pink in tone than what the picture shows.  This room really has influenced my design style immensely.  It's the first time I fell in love with the combination of rustic farm table mixed with very modern chairs.  I love the buffet table, which Bromstad bought as an antique and painted.  The chandelier mixed with the rustic brick fireplace is amazing.  I love how they built a wine rack into the nook beside the fireplace.  You can't really tell here, but the fireplace mantle he added is acrylic to tie in with the dining chairs.  The opposite side of the room had a built in shelving unit that displayed the beautiful antique china.  Best of all, I think, is the painting Bromstad did of their dog!  I really LOVE the candelabras on the table and have no idea where they are from.  Anyone know?  I believe the top portion of the wall and ceiling were painted in black as well.  I hope this room inspires you as much as it did me.  If I find a clip of the episode I will post it for you.  Happy Friday all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment