Monday, April 18, 2011

Antique and Garden Show 2011

I had such a wonderful time this weekend at the Antique and Garden show at the Chicago Botanic Garden.  I never knew how much I was drawn to antiques until I started checking out these shows and flea markets and have fallen in love with them!


I take after my grandmother in my love for birds!  Cast iron Japanese Cranes from the amazing Kimball & Bean Antiques

6 Chinese export painting of birds, 19th century from Phoebe Booth Antiques LLC

I'm afraid I don't have more info. on this guy but he's from Kimball & Bean Antiques

The peacock trend continues!  Even in antique and garden pieces



I truly would have loved to buy these adorable 1950s stools.  They are made tall enough to work at a table and ultra comfortable on top of being incredibly chic.  Also with original silk fabric!  You must check out more from Linda Elmore Antiques here.

Revival Chippendale in Chinoserie toile from Baker Furniture Co. Circa 1950-60.  This was shown at the Federalist Antiques booth, and if you saw this fabric in person you would see it is the most striking green.  Absolutely gorgeous.
These stunning 20th century Japanese table lamps are made from bronze and rosewood and can be found at Crescent Worth Art & Antiques

Green Moroccan glass lamps

I can't resist these things!

Rural artifact from a 19th century stable in Northern Indiana (from Kimball & Bean Antiques)
Pair of 19th Century cast iron horse head hitching posts (Kimball & Bean Antiques)



Loved this painting




A rather creepy looking couple of faces but I rather love this architectural component

Marilyn Draper from Thistle. Art and Antiques rescued this piece from a 1910 Chicago home that was being torn down.

This fabulous table was put together using springs and other pieces from antique farm equipmentHow creative is that to envision a table from those pieces.




Last but not least I have a few images from the Botanic Gardens.  FYI all of the Antique dealers I have mentioned are located in Chicago.  If you missed the show be sure to check out their websites to find out where they'll be next or to visit their Chicago showrooms. 

Hope you had a lovely weekend and happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment