Monday, April 19, 2010

Dream Home

I had the priviledge of going to see Dream Home at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago this weekend and it was spectacular! I was in awe. Each room is designed by a different interior designer. I was able to get a few pictures of the rooms. Enjoy and be inspired!

Remember to view larger image just click on the picture.

There were tons of different patterns and textured all thrown together and it made me want to go home and add a ton more patterned textiles to my own place. I love how nothing matches perfectly and looks just effortlessly put together. Like here the pillows, settee, and rug are all different patterns but it totally works. Fashion seems to be going this way lately too. Nothing too matchy matchy.
This lamp was in the home office designed by Tony Stavish. Everything was environmentally friendly in this room, which I love! The lamp shade is made out of recycled newsprint from Creative Visions. The wall covering is hand-made grass cloth. The texture really added a lot to the room.

The bathroom is from the Kohler Store, designer William Collins. I would love to have a bathroom like this. I could totally see myself taking a bubble bath with a nice glass of wine.

Here is the bedroom designed by Jeannie Balsam. I love the colors here! Again you can see a lot of different textures with the velvet chairs, orange bench wrapped in Edelman European hair-on cowhide, the patterned wallpaper and venetian plaster look on the wall with the fireplace. It would be a luxious place to relax in after a long day.





This is the dining room designed by Lisa Simeone and Gina Deary. They were inspired by 1930's and 40's jazz music (which I am so into right now) and nightclubs of that time period. I love the dark edgy feel it evokes.




This is the outdoor patio designed by Schmechtig Landscapes and Inex-teriors.



Here are pictures of the Foyer designed by Summer Thornton. In the words of Rachel Zoe, I die for this room! It was my absolute favorite, hence why there are so many pictures. It totally reminds me of Alice in Wonderland but was designed prior to the movie coming out. The concept was "exaggerated rality" which you can really see. Again tons of patterns and mismatched colors that still work amazingly well together.

If you look really closely you can see this adorable gold owl that is holding business cards. I love!

I desperately want these stools, maybe with a different fabric for my own place. And check out the legs on the table!




This is set up with the bar. The chair is my favorite.

You can't see the wallpaper that well in my pictures but it was gorgeous.

There were a few other rooms I didn't get any pictures of, so I hope you get a chance yourself to go see it. It is well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment