Thursday, August 25, 2011

Industrial Chic Rooms

Here are a few rooms I found pretty interesting.  Three of the pictures below are from restaurants and inn's so keep in mind that those kind of places can really inspire your home decor as well.


This kitchen countertop is made out of cement and the home owner loves how it absorbs wine stains since it makes the place feel lived in, loved, and have more character.  I just love that.  Nothing too perfect.


I love all the stainless steel in this kitchen and the white.  It's great that they brought the wood table into the room otherwise it could feel a bit too cold.  Keep in mind mixing different textures and finishes to give the room more visual interest and to keep it from feeling too cold or the opposite with so many warm colors.  Mixing the two will make it more interesting. 








I hope to get to this restaurant soon!  It is called Girl and the Goat and quite a popular new restaurant in Chicago.  It has won design awards for the decor and I can see why.  I particularly love the light fixtures.  Notice the bright pop of color brought in with the fun art work. 




Another Chicago restaurant & mini hotel called Longman and Eagle brought in a bit of an industrial chic vibe.  They were inspired by inns that once were a part of Chicago.  The decor is very masculine but still warm and cozy.  I was able to have dinner there a few weeks back and really loved the restaurant vibe as well.




I had to throw in this picture of steps because they are amazing!  Would love to know who designed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment