Friday, January 14, 2011

Latest DIY Project: Decorating the Walls

I have been working on decorating my brothers home with different projects as time allows and wanted to share the latest with you.  It started out with a rather boring drab wall that we first painted in a soft white to spruce up a bit.




Then I decided to hang up some of his travel photos I matted and framed.  I took some craft paper and hung that up first to determine the layout.




It would have been fine to leave them like this, but it still could use a little something to set them off more in the room.

I went ahead and painted a darker paint color in a large square to frame out the picture frames and really set them off.  It's pretty simple to do.  Just take a level and draw some marks on the wall to line up your tape with.  Tape off and paint in the square.


Here it is with the pictures hung back up.  It really added a lot to the room and is a great way to set off those black and white photos.

2 comments:

  1. Really awesome. I've been looking all day and in all four corners of the internet for this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete