Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Antique and Garden Show

This past Sunday I went to the Antique and Garden Show at the Chicago Botanic Garden and realized that gardens and antiques make me so happy! If you get a chance to go to an antique show, even if you think it's not your style, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Daffodils and tulips were in full bloom and just beautiful.
Here is a gorgeous sculpture overlooking the pond.



It reminded me of Holland, Michigan's Tulip Time!

They said in a couple of weeks the lilacs will be blooming, which are my absolute favorite flower. I will be back then for sure.

Who knew they'd have adorable clothes at an antique show.

Seeing I am a 100% dutch girl from Holland, Michigan I adore this little windmill lamp.

This space was Scarlett Scales Antiques and I was so inspired by their set up and gorgeous antiques. I was kind of bummed to find out later they are actually located in Tennessee because I'd love to go back and see more! You can check out their website at www.scarlettscales.com. It will not disappoint.



If you click on this picture to make it larger you can see the backs of the chairs are fish! I love it. If I had a cottage I would decorate the whole place in antiques and flea market finds. They just have so much character to them.

I have become obsessed with owls lately, so this planter was my absolute favorite find of the day. Unfortunately I didn't buy it since I'd have to haul it home on a train. Hopefully I'll be able to order it eventually.

A couple of great chairs.



I love the architectural pieces they used to make these lamps. Definitely inspired me to try to make something like that myself.

This vender had some great garden pieces.
So I think I'm now hooked on antique shows. There is one coming up at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago April 30-May 3rd if you get a chance to visit. Otherwise stay posted and I will have some pictures for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment