Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year Resolution

I can't believe I've been away from Tutu Style since September!  I am feeling re-inspired today to get back on here and share more ideas with you.  Sometimes I wonder if there's anyone out there that actually reads this or is it just my personal design idea journal?  If you do enjoy checking out Tutu Style pleeeeease leave a comment.  I would love that!

I hope you are all feeling excited for what the new year will bring.  I am not really a huge fan of making a big deal out of New Year's Eve these days because if the night doesn't go perfectly I feel it's a bad omen for the coming year.  Which is ridiculous.  So now I just keep it low key.  I do, however, really enjoy making a few New Year's Resolutions.  Nothing too serious but a few new goals and things to look forward to in the new year.

One goal of mine is to own a house by this coming summer!  While there is a chance that may not exactly happen I will at least be moving into a new place and that means DECORATING!  My favorite pass time.  I'm going to be posting new things that may inspire my new home decor.

The main thing I am going for is ultra cozy, warm, and a place you just want to hang out in.  Below are several pictures of Kate and Andy Spade's New York apartment that I have admired for quite some time now since I first found pictures of it posted here.

I love how warm and cozy it feels.  I love the combination of modern art, antiques, and some really interesting global pieces that it looks like they picked up on exotic travels.  I especially love what I believe is the foyer where the walls are covered in art and the warm tan paint color may be what I'll use for my own living room.  And of course I have a soft spot in my heart for wallpaper.  They have used it in a few rooms. While some of the furniture doesn't look quite as cozy as I'd like the overall vibe is just what I'm thinking of.   Enjoy and let me know something that grabs you!  Happy New Year all!

























No comments:

Post a Comment