Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Kitchen Time

I am absolutely thrilled that fall weather is here since it is my favorite time of year!  It is also a time where I feel like cooking and baking again since the temperature has cooled a bunch and you don't mind heating up the house with the oven.  It is the beginning of the coziest time of year where you can sip some warm apple cider and eat some fresh baked muffins.  The kitchen is one of the best places in a home where you can be creative all the time and it brings friends and family together.  Here is one of my favorite kitchens I just recently discovered in the latest issue of House Beautiful.  The home owner fell in love with the stove and the designer decided to paint the cabinets in a slightly different shade.  They also thinned the paint to a stain to let the pine show through.  I love that they went all out with the tile.  Seeing that it's just a small galley kitchen that is the place to do it.  Also, notice the mis match of colors here.  Nowadays, it's ok to "clash" a bit.  Everything still ties in together, but isn't matchy matchy.  Notice the blue tiles, the pistachio greens, and redish tones in the chairs and rugs just outside the door.  Makes me think a nice fall project may be to paint my cabinets...... How about you?


Tiles from Country Tiles, Paint Benjamin Moore's Everglades

No comments:

Post a Comment