Thursday, March 31, 2011

January at the Art Institute


It is getting close to April and I am just getting around to looking through my inspiration photos from the Art Institute Museum in Chicago that I went to in January.  I'd like to get to the Art Institute every month, but it actually hasn't happened since then.  The last time I went I decided to check out the American Art prior to the 1900s.  The first pieces pictured below are from the 1700s and then the last ones are into the 1800s.  There is an interesting contrast from more dainty and detailed to more chunky furniture pieces.  I especially enjoyed the intricately made and artfully designed lamps.  Even though they are all priceless works of art in a museum I would love to have any of these in my own home!











This is at the entrance to the Art Institute Museum and at first glance just a little color inspiration for you.  You can read more about the artist and meaning behind it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment