Sunday, December 12, 2010

Finally Back!

Between class, homework and celebrating the holidays with family and friends I am ready to get back to Tutu Style.  First I wanted to share my first ever hosting of Thanksgiving with you all.  I actually made the turkey and it amazingly came out great!  (Thanks to Ina Garten's recipe and plenty of help from the fam!)  We had it at my brother's home since he has a larger kitchen and great dining room table.  Below are a few pictures of the tablescape.  It was done very simply and with linens I had since I was on a tight budget, but what made it really beautiful were all the candles.  They were unscented so they wouldn't compete with the food.  There were also acorns, pumpkins, and gourds to keep it traditional.  The best part of all was spending it with my family.





I've also been decorating for Christmas - another absolute favorite time of year for me.  I had hoped to get garland for around the doorway from my living room to dining room, but decided on stringing twinkle lights instead for a total cost of around $10!  It gives the room a great festive glow along with the scented candles.


The tree fit best in a corner in the dining room.  It is filled with ornaments that were made over the years with much love from my grandma.


A few cute little candles I've had for years and the vase filler is faux snow.  The tablecloth I kept out since it's the festive holiday colors and goes great with everything.  I hope to add much more over the years and hope you are enjoying your decorating for the holidays as well!  Happy belated Thanksgiving to all and a Merry Christmas season.  Enjoy each moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment