Sunday, February 12, 2012

Eco- Friendly Floor Cleaner



This past year I've really been focusing on environmentally friendly ways to clean my home and ways to save money on all the expensive environmentally friendly cleaners you can buy at the store nowadays.  Here's a perfect recipe that I've been using for a while now and it works perfectly!

1 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup baking soda
5 drops lavender essential oil (or scent of your choice)

Fill a gallon bucket with hot water.  First add vinegar as it fills and then the baking soda and drops of essential oil.  I stir in the baking soda to be sure it dissolves.  Then mop away.  I also recently purchased a microfiber mop that's head can be thrown in the wash, so you can reuse it for a long time to come.  Happy cleaning!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, interesting post. I have been wondering about this topic, so thanks for posting. I’ll definitely be subscribing to your site. Keep up the good posts
    Lou Lentine

    ReplyDelete
  2. just couldn’t leave your website before telling you that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new posts.

    Lou Lentine

    ReplyDelete